About Me

My photo
"Nahi gnyanena sadrusham". An age old Sanskrit saying which means nothing is equal to knowledge in this world. Aim of our lives shall be regular acquisition of knowledge and its application, for that is what makes humans different from other species with which he/she shares this Earth.

Saturday 13 August 2011

My Uncle.

Off late, I was repeatedly thinking of writing a blog for my uncle who is a real source of inspiration for me and I have drawn immense motivation from him and assimilated within. Of course, I was restrained due to paucity of the time. I was unable to do so. I felt really ashamed that I was unable to blog for the above reason as a person from whom I derive the motivation is a master of the time management.
On account of a regular transfer which my father gets in his profession, I shall say that I am not so lucky to stay with my uncle who is permanently staying in Mangalore. But thanks to e-media and social network through which I keep myself, rather he keeps in touch with me.


The very reason why I call him master of time management and the source of inspiration will be evident for you while you go through the entire blog. My uncle is a government auditor, auditor of State Govt. of Karnataka. Travels day in and out and returns to home by 9.30 or in the late night. But every night at 11.00 pm he calls me and narrates a story which he had designed in his mind during journey period. Instead of having a nap in the bus, he looks, peeps through the window, studies the behavior of the co-passengers and even studies the crew members and gets inspired himself to write a story. Not only he writes but also ha patience in abundance to narrate me the same in the night and is so humble and asks me for an expert comment from my side! This is where I wonder at this man. He is really a perennial source of enthusiasm. After travelling for three to four hours he is left with tons of enthusiasm!!!. Even to teach his own children at home, to do his office work at home. etc. A few months back even I was also travelling to Margaon from Panjim everyday and was spending equal hours for journey. However, I had never utilized the time for a creative purpose other than reading my notebook and doing some academic work. Kudos to my uncle for the formidable energy he possesses even at the late 40's  of his life. 


My this great uncle is a patient of Diabetic Mellitus. And as all of us know it is a dangerous disorder though not a disease. And walking i the best medicine. Despite his busy proffessional schedule, once he gets down from the conveyance, he walks towards the house and the road gets tired but he never gets!.. He reaches the home. The distance may run to 6-7 kms, I have never seen him waiting for a rickshaw or any other mode. I have seen people walking in the morning. But the speciality of my uncle is that even after walking in the morning and even after getting fully tired of office work, even after the tedious journey, still he walks and with his endless energy and with the same enthusiasm which ordinarily a man will have in the day time he calls me at the night and asks how are you. Now I have started slowly understanding the funda of the life :) The body tires but the mind never. Thanks to my Uncle!.. 


My aunt is also a working woman and they have two kids who are 13 and 9 years old. The morning is so busy for them that getting the kids ready for the school and getting ready for the office and the movement of the clock stops for them for the speed at which they work. But the beauty of my uncle is that he equally shares the road of domestic works, right from cleaning the room and washing the utensils, clothes, etc. He gives his full shoulders to aunt and doubly ensures that everything goes perfect. When I stay there during vacations I had keenly observed my uncle and I have learnt from him that how to become a good dad and a too  good hubby too!. 


At last, he has got immense faith in god the almighty. The pooja he performs is really worth seeing. The shlokas, mantras, ashtakas, sahasranamas that he enchants is worth listening. His unstinted faith in the almighty might have given him this endless energy in his body and mind. My hats are off for my great uncle, not only for the reason that I share blood with him, but his qualities are worth sharing for me. 

3 comments:

  1. The body tires but the mind never. Wow. Inspiring piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. once during a persons funeral the gathering praised the quality of the expired person abundantly, actually for which he was not deserved at last his wife requested the religious authority to remove the dead body from burial.they asked y? she replied "i want to confirm whether the dead body is my hubby's or not".
    "blood is thicker than water" any how i don't know whether i deserve for all Ur narrations.All good viewers see only good in everything.thank u for Ur observation in my behavior. i think mostly our blood enact much in this article

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work with Mr Pedro loans and see the difference in financing because they approved my loan within few days of application after been played several times online then I decided to give a try and work with Mr Pedro on refinancing my business which all went well and smooth than I expected, You can contact him on pedroloanss@gmail.com to obtain your loan at 2% rate.

    ReplyDelete