About Me

My photo
"Nahi gnyanena sadrusham". An age old Sanskrit saying which means nothing is equal to knowledge in this world. Aim of our lives shall be regular acquisition of knowledge and its application, for that is what makes humans different from other species with which he/she shares this Earth.

Friday 2 September 2011

In pursuit of perfection....

Sine last few days, the word 'perfection' was the buzz word for me. I came across this word at least three to four times on various occasions. After writing a blog "giving life to life", my uncle called me and guided me how to blog with a perfection with his piece of advice. He had pointed out few error crept in to the blog. The course which he completed in IIT Chennai was not of four year as quoted by me but of five years. I had also said in the blog that he had a meagre amount at his disposal. But to my utter dismay, he informed me that he spent all those five years with no money but only with couple of scholarships and awards and so on. And he finally advised me to go for a thorough search before writing a blog on any person so that a perfection can be brought in the writings. Indulging ourselves into the subject matter of our writings, he said, is what makes our work more realistic and enjoyable for that readers.

When my uncle mentioned about bringing the writing closer to the readers, the one name that popped up in my mind is of Mr Arthur Hailey. I am a great admirer of Arthur Hailey, the author of various best seller books like The Car, The Strong Medicines, The Money Changers.  etc. All of which, whenever released, would attract highest  number of readers from all over the world. Being amused with Hailey's flawlessness and precision I became curious to know more about Hailey and I surrendered myself to Google search. I was really spell bound to know that he spent many many years of his life to master the subject, on which he would then write a book! . Really a perfectionist beyond doubt. To sink into the topic is an art to be learnt from Hailey To become a perfectionist, you require a great amount of research and thinking.As my uncle told me, "Think before you Ink"


I was watching a cine channel and the host addressed Aamir Khan with an adjective "Mr. Perfectionist". Aamir is called perfectionist because of his right choice of the stories, the befitting location to shoot, the right actors and actresses to suit the characters of the movie and his capacity as a director to bring out the best from the co-artists. He also prepares himself to get the style of the character, whether it is Ghajini, Mangal Pandey or a bubbly teenager 'Rancho' in '3 Idiots'.  Then slowly I started realizing that to get perfection not only you have to think in deep but doing right thing at the right time and at the right place is also equally important. That's called timing. Accuracy and timing is what makes Aamir so special. 

The buzz word "PEFECTION" was still echoing in my ears as I was listening to a tabla jugalbandi  between Ustad Zakir Hussain and his father Ustad Alla rakha. The way he plays tabla mesmerizes the audience. I request you to watch one particular jugalbandi of the father and the son. After their continuous performance for ten minutes, the entire audience were flabbergasted.  The fingers of Ustad Zakir Hussain were rather dancing on tabla with a perfection. The rhythm was so continuous and soothing that he never allowed to miss the total effect. Eventhough they missed a few beats in the middle, they disguised it in such a way that hardly anyone could point it out!. This showed how perfect both of them are in their presentations. Then I slowly realised an age old English adage "Practice makeths the man perfect"






With all these incidents, my desire to become a perfectionist was increasing. Then I saw my elder sister, who is in Singapore was online on Facebook. I started to chat with her. Being a proud mother of a two year old girl child, she started to narrate me the tantrums of her daughter and she told that her daughter is a perfectionist. She told that her daughter little Sanjana will not get a sleep with a smallest wrinkle on her bed sheet. She gets up, makes it straight and then sleeps. She also told me other habits of little Sanju. Unlike other kids, she doesn't like eating roaming here and there. My sister also explained a unique style of her lovely daughter of shutting the half opened drawers and setting right the door mats even while she is crying. After listening to my sister about the naughty actions of my neice, I have no doubt in mind that all human beings have that basic instinct towards perfection. The only thing that matters is its development. Li'l Sanju's actions brought me back from my journey towards perfection. It taught me a simple but an important thing about what is perfection. It taught me that perfection is nothing but "HOW DO WE DO, WHAT WE DO"?. Li'l Sanju does it in her way and therefore she is perfect. After listening to Sanju, I got totally relieved and got the simple way of achieving perfection. Lots of kisses to my niece Sanju. :) 

1 comment: